Mobile Learning

According to a report by Ambien Insight in 2010, “the US market for mobile learning products and services is growing at a five-year compound annual growth rate of 18.3%;” making it one of the only sectors where demand has remained relatively unchanged despite the national recession.

An even more remarkable report by internet analyst Mary Meeker of Morgan Stanley indicates that as of 2014, the number of mobile internet users will surpass the number of users browsing the internet via a desktop computer. In fact, according to comScore, mobile apps consume more of our time than desktop usage or mobile web browsing, accounting for 52% of the time spent using digital media. Combined with mobile web browsing, mobile usage as a whole accounts for 60% of time spent, while desktop-based digital media consumption makes up the remaining 40%. Surprised?

You shouldn’t be. With the overwhelming growth in smartphone and tablet computer adoption over the past several years, users are becoming increasingly comfortable with and reliant upon mobile devices for everything from email to financial calculators. Mobile learning is a natural application for this powerful new technology.

When your learners demand On the Go access to their online training and continuing education, will your organization be prepared to give them what they need?

If you are looking for advice and support with mobile learning pedagogy and technologies, or the design and development of mLearning content or applications, Digitec Interactive can help you.

View our eLearning portfolio for examples of our mobile learning courses.

 

Performance Support Apps Mobile Learning Apps Level It Up! Contact Us